What are your favorite beach bag picks? Now that I'm a mom, I've learned to narrow it down to the essentials and basics. Full disclosure: not pictured on this list are some less glamorous items: diapers, wipes and a 15 year old green and red Igloo mini cooler that I just can't find a reason to replace. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
What I can't wait to include on this list again...someday? A book. Two kids under four means you leave the books at home.
Shop our picks:
1: Rash guards for the kids have become de rigueur these days. Mine are from Crewcuts, but I have some spares from Target that are just as adorable. Make sure they are made with a UPF fabric. J. Crew's are UPF 50.
2. My Ray Ban Wayfarers. Trends come and go...Classic. Sturdy. Perfect. ($150 and up).
4. Reef's: I love Reef's. In fact, pictured above are my actual 6 year can't-live-without pair, just so you know I put my money where my mouth is. The kiddie pairs work well on hot sand and in rocky water. (Prices vary, typically $18 and up).
5. Supergoop! line of products: I have purchased the an Everyday tub yearly for three years running. It lasts our family of 4 just about a year. My freckle faced, sensitive skin loves this stuff and I can't remember the last time one of us burned. It's paraben, fragrance and oxybenzone free. (P.S. They also have a tinted moisturizer I am tempted to try. Stay tuned).
6. Brooklyn Beach: Durable beach blankets made of super absorbent linen. They come in a plethora of colors and have these clever corner pockets that you can stuff sand in to keep the blanket in place. It's the little things...
7. MD Moms Baby Silk Sunscreen Towelettes: Developed by pediatricians who are also moms, so no harsh and harmful chemicals. They work well in a pinch, to swipe over my babies noses and shoulders when they get out of the water. Easy, portable and no mess!